Many diseases can cause symptoms that appear in your mouth, teeth or jaw, so regular visits to your dentist can help combat potentially dangerous diseases. If any of the following symptoms have manifested in your mouth, make sure to schedule an appointment with your dentist as soon as possible.
1. Pain in your gums, teeth or jaw. Any sensitivity can be a sign of stress or another underlying problem in the body. Symptoms you should take seriously include cold sores, tooth sensitivity to touch, hot or cold, or sensitive gums.
2. Bleeding gums. This can be a sign of gum disease that is getting worse.
3. Teeth fall out or are loose. Osteoporosis can affect your jaw, and once you have bone loss in your jaw, your teeth can fall out unexpectedly.
4. Bad breath. If you have chronic bad breath, also known as halitosis, that will not go away with good hygiene habits, you could have a serious underlying cause that could require medical attention.
5. Sores, lumps or patches in your mouth. Any change to how your mouth feels could be a sign of a serious medical condition. Consult your dentist right away when you notice a change.
If you have noticed any of the above warning signs in your mouth, be sure to consult your dentist right away. If you are in need of a consultation in the New York City area, call Dr. Braverman today at 212-688-3838.